D.Y. Patil School of Architecture (DYPSOA, Ambi) established by Dr. D. Y. Patil Education Academy in 2014, is situated in beautiful surroundings of Ambi, just 20km away from Lonawala. Campus is well connected to the world through its location in Talegaon- Dabhade, MIDC area.
Architecture also addressed as ‘Mother of All Arts’ is a multi-disciplinary field with many facets like Art, Psychology, Sociology, anthropometry, Anthology, Building sciences, Services, Construction, Town Planning, Meteorology, Geology, History, Geography, etc. This makes the entire journey of Architecture education interesting, adventurous, happening and meaningful, and demands one to be very sincere, dedicated, outspoken, energetic, logical, and abstract. Architecture needs Creative-mentation thinking parallel to lateral thinking. It’s manifestation is not just a piece of art but it profoundly affects everyone - who will be watching it, visiting it or using it whether the person is individual, family, group or society.
We at DYPSOA, Ambi, acknowledge all these factors and expose students to all the aspects which need to be taught. We focus on giving hands on experiences through in-house sessions, guest series, workshops, site visits and study tours. We encourage students to go a step ahead, challenge, stretch them and help them achieve what they think is impossible.
Dream Big and Work Hard!!
D. Y. Patil School of Architecture, Ambi has started with the vision to provide sustainable and accessible environment to support and encourage student’s potentials to make them technological competent and socially responsible individual by building on the enthusiasm with guided principles of inclusiveness, innovation, creativity, empathy, respect, integrity, excellence and research.
Our school promotes student achievement and lifelong learning experiences to meet the needs of our diverse communities. Our primary mission is to provide programms and services which lead to achieving the goals like;
1. Inclusiveness- providing in-depth quality teaching to understand intricacy of the subjects.
2. Innovation- encouraging students for innovative and out of box thinking respecting traditions and humanity.
3. Creativity- cultivating imagination through curricular, co-curricular and extracurricular activities.
4. Empathy- understanding the needs of the clientele and society.
5. Respect- developing deep admiration for feelings, wishes and rights of others.
6. Integrity- development of need for honesty and strong moral principles amongst the faculties and students.
7. Excellence- motivating to develop each individual to excel in every aspect of life and profession.
8. Research- encouraging students to think beyond existence, taking the path of unknown to known and known to unknown.
In this pursuit of individual educational goals, students will improve their critical thinking, information competency, communication skills, ethical reasoning, and cultural, social, environmental, and personal awareness and responsibility, through participatory practices.