The library at Dr. D. Y. Patil Educational Academy, Pune is a large sanctorium of knowledge with a wealth of books, e-books, national and international journals and publications. It houses a vast collection of books, magzines that cover a range of topics across architecture and allied fields that shall help enrich students and researcher's learning experience. The library subscribes a lot of literature from reputed institutes like the IIA (Indian Institute of Architects), TERI and many others. Students can also use the e-library to access the e-journals. This collection also covers subjects like arts, history, photography, philosophy, etc. It can be assessed by students, faculty, and researchers in house as well as from other institutes.
An archive of resources consisting of drawings, maps, students’ works and video clippings is also been made to aid academic activities.
Monday to Saturday: 8.30 AM to 4.30 PM
Lunch Break: 1:00PM. To 2:00PM.
First Saturday, Third Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays - Closed
Library Rules and Regulations
Admission to Library
Students are allowed to library only on production of their authorized/valid Identity card. It is mandatory to produce their valid identity card to avail library facility.
• No. of Books issued – Maximum 3 books for 15 days only.
• Students are instructed to check the books while borrowing for any defect/damage.
• Students will be responsible for any type of damage or mutilation noticed at the time of return.
• Book will be issued for 15 day’s only.
• The book could be reissued again on students request for next 15 days.
• Student should produce his/her I-card for such renewal.
• The second Re-issue/renewal is not permitted and students should return the book immediately to avoid penalties.
• Books will be issued to the students for 15 days only.
• SMS will be sent and the fine will be charged @Re. 1 per day perbook from the due date till the book is not returned to the library.
If the book is lost, then the borrower shall replace the book with same title Edition, author price and also pay half cost of the book or pay 1/3rd price of the book after getting permission from the librarian
• Name and signature to be entered at time of entering the library in the register allotted.
• Respective college ID compulsory for Issue/Return of books.
• College ID cards are not transferable - the borrower is responsible for the books borrowed on his/her card.
• Maintain Silence. No discussion permitted inside the library.
• No personal belongings allowed inside the library.
• Use of cell phones and audio instruments with or without Speaker or headphone is strictly prohibited in the library premises.
• Refreshment of any kind strictly prohibited inside library.
• Books and other materials which are being taken out of the library to the staff at the entrance counter.
• The librarian may recall any book from any member at any time and the member shall return the same immediately.
Rules and Regulation for outside users:
• Outsider visitors allowed - Monday to Saturday.
• First Saturday, Third Saturday, Sunday and Public holidays – Closed.
• I-card and authority letter from their respective colleges required to submit at the circulation counter.
• The library can be used as reference only.
• Books will be not issued. They can use camera for clicking photos of library documents.
Librarian – Mr. Digambar B. Waghmare (M.Lib.I.Sc.,M.Phil. Ph.D(Pursuing)UGC NET & SET)